Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Scientific

For the theme scientific I tried to think of item that could be shown in depth. I decided to do a clock because it's an item that the science behind it can be shown through th art, which is why I decided to show the gears. The mini lessons helped me a lot since I decided to use the technique of stippling, the advice from you about showing contrast through the darker and lighter values helped a lot while working on my piece. I showed this contrast through the different values of the gears and the lighter and darker values through the stippling to depict the gears I'm the for front and the gears that were further behind. With the stippling I used pen and ink because I enjoyed that technique the most and it was the most challenging so I decided to challenge myself for the first project. I ran into some challenges with this project with not going too dark too fast with the pen and ink using stippling. Learning to see the lights and darks differently helped a lot. Overall I would have started lighter instead of going so dark so fast and having to alter my different values in the end. Overall I learned a lot from this project and enjoyed my medium and using the stippling technique to create my piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment