Monday, March 24, 2014

Unconventional Materials

For the unconventional materials challenges my material was brown paper bags. Paper bags often make me think of the movement of going green and recycling. With this idea i decided to use the bags in the same way you use brown paper bags but put them in a different form, as a bookbag. This piece is intended to say the idea of reducing, reusing, and recycling. Some issues i ran into during my work was figuring out how to add different details to make the piece look like a bookbag without losing the look of the paper bags. I like the look of the natural identity of the items. With this, I believe I am at a level 3, where the piece has a message that is accessible to the viewer.

Before and during my project  I asked my peers for ideas and feedback for my project. My peers helped me come up with different details to add to the bag. Ms. Sudkamp and Ms. Rossi helped me understand how to keep the identity of the bags but add color using water color. With this i would say im a level 3, where i actively collaborate during my work.  

All throughout my project i stepped back and looked at my work to see what i could add and fix. This helped me a lot to get different ideas and details. I did test ideas before trying them on my final piece to make sure the ideas would work before i completed the project. However, I do wish I would have worked in a different order to complete the project. With this, i believe i am at a level 3 where i can identify the strengths and weaknesses of my project.                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment