Monday, March 24, 2014

Up Close & Personal


While working on this project I decided to try something that was going to be challenging, so I chose doing a living thing instead of an inanimate object. With this I also tried a medium that was less familiar to me, when we worked with the different mediums, the colored pencils were the most challenging for me. Because of that I decided to use them for this project to challenge myself entirely. With this I would say I am a level 3 where I select an option where the outcome is unsure. 

With choosing a medium and subject that was more challenging for me, I ran into challenges throughout  my work process.  I faced challenges with the placement of shadows and highlights dealing with the feathers when I was working. To deal with this challenge I looked at different pictures of the bird to establish the highlights and shadows.  Along with this challenge, there is a part of my piece that went too dark when I was establishing the shadows of some of the feathers so I had to make that darkness uniform which gave my piece an unplanned saturated look. With this I would say I am a level 2, where I can solve problems with help from you. 

While I was working it helped me a lot to step back and look at my work throughout my working process. Although, due to the quick pace that I worked at, towards the end of my piece I started stepping back and analyzing less which is when I ran into challenges. I did however practice a lot before working on my final piece to see how ideas worked before I tried them. With this, I would say I am a level 3 where I can independent understand strengths and weaknesses. 

I overall really enjoyed this project and working with this medium and am for the most part pleased with my final piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment